XMetaL Author Enterprise 將您的編碼過程結構化與自動化，讓產品更快進入市場。採用 DITA 等 XML 標準資料模型、結合其他 Tool Kit，XMetaL 提供程式創作者最有效率的整合開發環境，輕而易舉的將資訊轉化，依照客戶需求成為程式語言，並可保存成多種格式。
可以獨立做為 IDE 使用，也可以跟任何內容管理系統整合。即使是對 XML 不專精的程式設計者，也可以在 XMetaL 的幫助下創作可重複使用的語言包－－即時發布創作過程，即時對全球軟體社群做出貢獻。
- The "Workbench" allows you to create and maintain collections of folders and files called "WorkSets" for quick access while you are working in XMetaL. The context menu lets you easily work with these items, similar to the context menu in Windows Explorer.
- XMetaL supports editing of Lightweight DITA XML topics and maps. In this preview-level support only XDITA files can be authored, but you can add MDITA and HDITA topics to LwDITA maps, and publish LwDITA maps via DITA OT version 3.2.1.
- Many of the user settings and preferences dialogs have been combined into a single hierarchical dialog. The new dialog includes a search/filter box allowing you to quickly find any option setting. XMetaL customizers can add their own settings panels to this unified dialog.
- The Find and Replace dialog includes an option to highlight all occurrences of a search term within the current document.
- Tracked changes are now visible in DITA-reused content; this can be turned on/off via the Options dialog.
- DITA-reused content that contains unaccepted tracked changes inside can be made visible within the target/reusing document's window.
- Key spaces that you have associated with individual DITA topics can be remembered across sessions (via a setting in the Options dialog).
- This version of XMetaL Author Enterprise includes DITA Open Toolkit Releases 3.2.1, 2.4.4, and 2.0. The default setting is for XMetaL to use DITA OT 3.2.1.
XMAX 是一個可嵌入的 ActiveX 元件，專為有編譯 XML 需求的開發者設計，將您的開發環境加入輕量而容易使用的 XML 編輯器。
Use XMAX wherever you need to create a lightweight, easy-to-use XML editor that you can deploy without the IT overhead of desktop installers— many global companies rely on thin-client XMAX-based components tightly integrated with dynamic web publishing systems, content management systems, customer relationship management systems, and other critical
- Can be deployed in thin-client applications to make structured content more widely accessible with minimal IT costs
- Empower non-technical contributors to create richly structured content,with minimal learning curve
- Tightly integrate XML authoring capabilities into custom workflow applications and web publishing systems
- Flexible concurrent-user licensing model allows users at different levels to view or edit XML content at any time, without needing to install a bulky desktop-based editor
- Table-like editing for custom table models in addition to HTML and CALS table editing support
- x64 customization debugging support in conjunction with the upcoming XMetaL Developer 11.0 release
- New APIs
- Customer defect repairs
Securely Access Content from Across the Enterprise
Deploy over a network in thin-client applications, typically running in an Internet Explorer web browser or custom purpose-built application.
Efficient Client Deployment
Provide valid XML content creation capabilities for any situation by embedding XMAX for use in any application supporting ActiveX.
Solid XML Authoring, High Usability
Work in a familiar word-processing interface while hiding the complexity of the underlying XML. XMAX includes ready-built features and XMAX can be
configured to display parts or all of document using interactive forms, to make it even easier to capture information that fits naturally into forms.
The chameleon-like flexibility of XMAX makes it an ideal platform for delivering a minimal set of commands tailored to the needs of your users.
XMAX-based applications can make XML authoring usable by everyone, even non-technical contributors, with virtually no XML learning curve.
XMAX enables teams to collaborate efficiently with a familiar revision-marking feature. View revisions with color-coding, then accept or
reject them with a button-click.
Standards-Based Development Platform
XMAX, as a native XML editor, can be used with any DTD or XML Schema, including custom schemas. Developers will appreciate how easy it
is to customize XMAX by using standard scripting languages and CSS.
定制 xml 創作以適合您的組織。為作家創造成功的舞台！自定義XMetaL Author和XMAX以最適合使用它們的人 - 從而提高用戶採用率並提高生產力。XMetaL Developer提供定制和部署的靈活性，以優化環境以反映用戶的自然工作方式。
XMetaL Developer是一種快速配置XML內容創作解決方案的工具，它在一個強大而靈活的集成開發環境（IDE）中結合了一流的開發工具。XMetaL Developer基於支持標準腳本語言的MicrosoftVisualStudio®，可幫助您的程式員立即高效工作，並專注於創造性解決問題和增值創新。
- Build and configure highly productive authoring interfaces
- Use common scripting languages for faster configuration
- Open architecture and standards-based approach minimizes developer learning curve
Build Highly Productive Authoring Interfaces
- Extend XMetaL Author in the Resource Manager with integrations into external systems,
such as workflow, content management,and other enterprise applications
- Style the authoring interface in XMetaL Author or XMAX with standard CSS to aid readability and navigation
- Define custom menus, toolbars, and keyboard macros for XMetaL Author or XMAX to maximize
author productivity and usability
- Use the smart configuration generator to automatically generate customization files
- Leverage sample applications and scripts as a starting point for development
Tailor the Development Platform
- Personalize the entire XMetaL Developer environment to complement unique preferences and work style
- Simplify the workspace, style sheet editor, script editors, and the entire framework, and set the script language,
toolbars and interfaces with feature enabling/disabling
Faster Development Productivity
- Over 1,000 documented interfaces through COM or Java
- Common scripting languages such as Jscript, VBScript, Perl, Python
- Leverage Microsoft Visual Studio’s script and schema/DTD editing facilities, proactively validating syntax,
flagging code errors to test scripts on-the-fly
- Drag-and-drop GUI creation enables faster customization
- Use wizards to guide you step-by-step through key tasks
- Code and debug on the fly
- Validate with constant checks during project creation
Leverage Enterprise Information
- Enable authors to submit complex queries (such as table joins) that import enterprise database information
into their documents
- Supports structured content as CALS or HTML tables or as semantically tagged XML
Promote Standards-Based Excellence
- Choose the schema language that best meets your needs: load W3C XML Schema, XML DTDs, or SGML DTDs
- Reliably script sophisticated manipulations for your XML content with a standards-compliant Document
Object Model (DOM) implementation
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or2008/2012 Server
- Pentium 133 MHz processor
- 256 MB of available RAM (512 MB recommended)
- Color display with a minimum resolution of 1024 x768 or higher
- Minimum 615 MB of disk space (800 MBrecommended)
- Additional memory may be required to generatesome types of output using the DITA Open Toolkit.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- MSXML3.dll 8.0.7820.0 or newer (MSXML 3.0)
- MSXML6.dll 6.20.5002.0 or newer (MSXML 6.0)
Special note for installations: If you are installing the software from a Limited User account, you must provide an Administrator ID and password in order to run the XMetaL Author installer.
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 (32-bit or 64-bit), or Server 2008/2012
- Pentium 133 MHz processor
- 128 MB of available RAM (256 MB recommended)
- Color display with a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
- Minimum 250 MB of disk space (800 MB recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, version 6.00.2600.0000 thru to version 10 with EPM disabled.
- MSXML v3.0 (Msxml3.dll, version 8.00.7820.0 or later)
Special note for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 8 installations: If you are installing the software from a Limited User account, you must provide an Administrator ID and password in order to run the XMetaL XMAX installer.
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP Professional
- One of the following development environments:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition, Professional Edition, Tools for Office or Team System.
Note: the free Visual Studio Express is not supported.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition, Professional Edition, Tools For Office or Team System.
Note: the free Visual Studio Express is not supported.
Microsoft Visual Studio or Microsoft Visual Studio 2003. Both the full editions and editions for specific development languages such as VB are supported.
** Note: XMetaL Developer Enterprise includes 1 license for XMetaL Author Enterprise and 1 license for XMetaL XMAX.
** Note: Microsoft Visual Studio system requirements must be met in addition to those outlined above.
** Note: XMetaL Developer operation under Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 requires Data Execution Protection be disabled on Windows Vista installations. In addition, XMetaL-specific IntelliSense is not available with Visual Studio 2008.