Quite Imposing 是 Adobe Acrobat 的插件，這是所有關於合併頁面到較大表頁，以製作書籍、小冊子或做特殊安排的拼版工具
該系列產品Quite Imposing和其姊妹產品Quite Imposing Plus，讓製作小冊子或安排複雜的排版步局變得簡單。(不想使用Acrobat的高階用戶可選擇產品 Quite HOT Imposing)
Quite Imposing Plus則加入了更多選擇，從複製頁面到添加日期或頁碼，以及一個強大的設立點擊播放的功能。
Quite Imposing Plus 5 is the latest version of the industry’s favourite imposition plug-in for Adobe Acrobat, fully compatible with the new Acrobat DC/XI/X/9. We have listened to our customers and their wish lists, and added features that will let you do more, and work quicker. Upgrading should be pain free, as you can run old and new plug-ins side by side, and Quite Imposing Plus 5 imports all your settings from the old software.
- Variable data merge: using a CSV or TXT file, add text blocks or pictures to many PDF pages. Work with a master document (mail merge) or add to an existing document (stamping). Tech sheet.
- Supports in macOS 10.15 "Catalina", while still running in Windows, older macOS systems. Plug-in runs in Acrobat 9, X, XI, DC, 2015 and 2017.
- Automation sequences can do "partials" to split jobs, or process parts separately. Results can be merged or left separate. Quite Hot Imposing users can split output into an unlimited number of separate files. Tech sheet 1 - Tech sheet 2.
- Customize control panel: add new panels, add sequences.
- N-Up can flow backs from right to left, for easier layout, especially of ad hoc jobs
- Creep can use scaling instead of shift, so that no content is lost
- Page monitor to show live info including page size and bleed info for open document
- Manual Imposition: performance greatly improved for some large files
- Trim & Shift - add or crop all four edges by a fixed amount
- Conditions in automation sequences allow more flexibility e.g. different jobs based on page count, page sizes or metadata (such as filename or keywords)
- Enfocus Switch users with Quite Hot Imposing can pass metadata from flows for use in conditions or page text, also automatically remove the prefix from file name references. Tech sheet
- Import sequences or steps from other sequences or XML files. Filter sequences by name
- Conditions can issue an error or warning message, and stop a job if there is a problem such as wrong page size or count
New features – full list
Detailed manual pages follow.
• Customize control panel
o Change the QI+ control panel or create new panels which can be shown separately (different panels for different jobs)
o Rearrange/remove the standard control panel buttons
o Add buttons to run automation sequences
o When a sequence is edited you can automatically add it
o Add buttons to open other panels
o Quick reset of control panel available
• Variable data – new feature: using a CSV or TXT file, add text or pictures to many PDF pages.
o Work with master pages – making copies of a page and adding text or graphics to each copy; or
o Work without master pages – add text or graphics to entire file.
o Use a CSV or TXT (tab delimited) file from Excel or other sources. (Semicolon delimited is also available).
o Text is added with the features of Stick On Text and Numbers (choose fonts, position, angle, colour etc.) The CSV file contains only the text to add
o Images are added from a master file; you put all the images you want to add on separate pages. Images are added with features of Stick on PDF Pages (choose position, scale, etc.) The CSV/TXT file contains page numbers only.
o Add text blocks, setting information and fixed text over lines, closing gaps left by blank information etc. for mailing labels and similar production.
• Split and merge (partials) – new feature.
o Apply different commands to different parts of the same file. For example, lay out some sheets as 4 x 2 and some sheets as 2 x 2
o Split by page number, or into equal size pieces
o If splitting by page number, this can do the job of a Shuffle Pages command to prepare the piece, including re-ordering and rotating pages
o New Import sequence feature will help in setting up the different commands for each part
o The results can be combined into one PDF, or left separate (limit of 9 documents in Acrobat, unlimited in Quite Hot Imposing).
• N-Up flow can flow backs from right to left, for easier layout, especially of ad hoc jobs
o By flowing from right to left on the back, you can ensure that the back is a mirror image of the front.
• Creep scaling
o Traditionally Creep has shifted pages to allow for binding; with the scaling option, the contents are scaled onto a different area, so nothing is lost on trimming
o Useful when working with a tightly fitting design
• Quite Imposing Plus menu reorganized
o Shorter menus, because they were too long for some screens and too hard to find individual items
o Match the arrangement of the control panel.
• Page monitor – new feature
o Shows the page sizes for the current document, including bleed, trim etc.
o Can optionally show other info
o Can stay on screen and track whatever document is current
o Can start automatically when a document is first opened in Acrobat
• Trim & Shift - add or crop all four edges by a fixed amount.
o Previously could only add or crop one side at a time, or set to a fixed size
• Manual imposition performance hugely improved for large files (high page count)
o As well as improved performance, in some cases files would grow much larger from manual imposition, and there are major improvements here too.
o This improvement affects Manual Imposition Repeat in all cases
o Other manual impositions of many pages will see improvement in Quite Hot Imposing, and in Quite Imposing Plus when run in “Advanced Batch Mode”.
• Conditions – new feature
o Can be used in automation sequences
o Choose a different automation sequence according to the status of the current document
o Can check page count (e.g. page count less than 10), page size (e.g. no page sizes larger than …), metadata (e.g. file name does not include SPECIAL)
o Can be used to choose different layouts, especially partials, according to page count
• Import sequences – new feature
o Sequence import can be used in Sequence editor, and in setting up new Split/merge (partials) and Conditionals commands.
o Import from another sequence or from XML.
o Can import a copy, and then edit the commands
o Can import as uneditable, and see the sequence or XML used to setup, and use Refresh to update this copy.
o Can convert uneditable to editable.
• Message command – new feature
o Can be used in automation sequences.
o Especially useful with conditions, for example can stop with an error if the page count or page size is not expected.
• Filter sequences by name
o Designed to help users with large numbers of automation sequences
o When a sequence is to be chosen, you can filter so you see only sequences and categories with a matching name.
• Enfocus Switch related feature
o Can automatically strip the special prefix _XXXXX_ from file names
|Feature||Description||Quite Imposing PLUS||Quite HOT Imposing|
|Acrobat plug-in||Runs as an extension to Adobe Acrobat||•|
|Standalone||Watched folder and command line. Suitable for server use (single location, not internet).||•|
|N-up Pages||arrange consecutive pages on a larger sheet e.g.2x2||•||•|
|Not duplicates of the same page - see Step And Repeat, in features of Quite Imposing Plus, below|
|N-up Centering||Center the resulting N-up page||•||•|
|Trim & Shift||Deal with "creep" in a folded booklet||•||•|
|or add space, shift contents or trim from the edges|
|Shuffle Pages||Shuffle for cut stacks and other layouts by defining a simple rule (called a "signature").||•||•|
|Shuffle Even/Odd||Process even/odd pages separately. Split into separate files and merge together († not Quite HOT)||•||†|
|Shuffle Assistant||An easy aid to working out layout signatures||•||•|
|Shuffle Assistant enhancements||More complex layouts including head to head, step & repeat||•||•|
|Adjust Page Sizes||Scale, crop or extend pages with optional rotation||•||•|
|Page Tools||Duplicate pages quickly. Also delete, move, rotate.||•||•|
|Tile Pages||Split pages for printing or to split spreads; can make overlap or bleed.||•||•|
|Reverse Pages||Reverses the order of pages||•||•|
|Insert Blank Pages||Inserts blank pages of creates a blank document||•||•|
|Insert File Pages||Insert pages from a file; easy duplication with or without collation||•||•|
|Insert conditionally||Insert pages until a condition is met, like "multiple of 4 pages"||•||•|
|Impose Annotations & Form Fields||Options to discard or convert to part of the imposition||•||•|
|Create Sample Document||Useful for testing layouts||•|
|Control Panel||Easy access to all functions||•|
|Preferences||Define background templates with printers marks etc.||•||•|
|Automation Sequences||Saves a sequence of commands to use again on future impositions||•||•|
|Step & repeat||Fills sheets with multiple copies of the same page (e.g. for business cards, labels)||•||•|
|Manual Imposition||Place pages over any other page at any position and scale.||•||•|
|Define Bleeds||Impose pages with artwork that overruns the printing edge designed to be trimmed later.||•||•|
|PDF/X Support||PDF/X-1a and PDF/X-3 are supported. PDF/X-4 and PDF/X-5. Check the PDF/X status of a PDF file and preserve the PDF/X data in the imposition.||•||•|
|Stick on Text & Numbers||Add numbers and/or text to pages or imposed sheets.||•||•|
|Stick on fields||Stick on automatic text like file name, date, page count.||•||•|
|Bates Stamping||Enter numbers with a leading zero. Useful for law firms and Government agencies.||•||•|
|Stick on Masking Tape||Define a layout for "tape", stick on one or more pages.||•||•|
|Peel off Page Numbers, Masking Tape or Registration Marks||Undo "Stick on" functions, remove crop marks||•||•|
|Imposition Info||View origin of imposed pages for full accountability; also extract imposed pages for reuse, and delete pages from imposition.||•|
This release is compatible at the time of writing with
• Apple® macOS® 10.9 and above (including macOS 10.15 “Catalina”)
• Microsoft® Windows® 7 and above
• QI+ only: Acrobat 9 and above including Acrobat DC
You can install and run both Quite Imposing Plus 5 and Quite Imposing Plus 4 for the same copy of Acrobat.
Preferences and sequences
The first time you run QI+5 it will read all your preferences and write copies for use in version 5. After that, changes made in version 4 or earlier will not affect version 5.
|Easily find & solve problems in PDF files.|
Quite A Box Of Tricks
|Automate workflows outside of Acrobat.|
Quite Hot Imposing