它的目的是保持專案的完整性，防止或中斷具有破壞性的建構，QuickBuild可以透過問題解決和相關供應鏈管理變化(SCM changes)等相關訊息連接，建立一個訂定的管道去改善傳送可能會發生的問題(for example, dev->QA->release)。
選擇 QuickBuild 的好處：
Pre-commit Test and Continuous Integration
- Run proof build to test changes on server before commit or push.
- Run builds concurrently to get fast feedback.
- Run builds upon commit, use a schedule, or upon dependency finish.
- Report build progress and log in real time.
- Monitor/trigger build and receive build notifications through tray monitor without opening browser.
- Send failure notifications to committed users to ensure responsibility.
- Comparable and customizable statistics chart of key performance indicators.
- Build auto cleanup strategy to reduce disk space usage.
Build Pipeline and Continuous Deployment
- Push commits to different build and deployment stages via pipeline.
- Be able to mark a good build as recommended to make it stand out of other builds.
- Flexible build promotions to implement user defined actions such as release, deploy, etc.
- Keep track of each deployment in form of deployment builds, and can roll back to any previous deployment.
- Compare different QA builds, release builds or deployment builds to get source changes.
- Access build artifacts and project documents.
Deep Integration with Various SCM Systems
- Flexible checkout strategy, either from server, or from agents.
- View/diff build changes by commits or files.
- Quiet period support to reduce the risk of triggering build against partial work.
- Exclude certain directories/files when detect changes from SCM.
- Optionally label source code as part of build workflow.
- User and file activities in SCM.
- Supported SCM systems: Subversion, CVS, Perforce, ClearCase, StarTeam, Visual SourceSafe, Accurev, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, Team Foundation Server, and Google Repo.
Tight Integration with Major Issue Trackers
- Transform issue keys in SCM commit messages into issue links.
- An issue panel to display all resolved and related issues of a build.
- Create/assign issues under certain conditions during build.
- Manage build versions either at issue tracker side, or at QuickBuild side.
- Update issue status based on issue commands in SCM commit messages.
- Update relevant issue fields to reflect fixed build.
- View related SCM changes and builds for selected issues or projects at issue tracker side.
- Currently supports JIRA, Trac, Bugzilla, CollabNet TeamForge, and Redmine.
Advanced Build Grid and Cloud Integration
- Scale to support massive builds simply by adding more nodes.
- Run steps of a single build parallelly on multiple nodes to accelerate build speed.
- Flexible node selection mechanism to enable build step running on one or more compatible nodes, with load balancing.
- Resource management to reflect capability of the grid.
- Partition the grid between different departments/projects.
- Optionally store artifacts on agents to reduce server load.
- Launch node into cloud environment including Amazon EC2 on demand.
- Key performance indicators to keep track of server and grid health.
- Auto-update agents when server is upgraded.
Instant Test Insight and Statistics
- Test results at a glance in build overview page.
- Access details of failed tests, with the ability to find out who broke the tests.
- Analyze and group test results by packages, test suites, namespaces, and more...
- Statistics of the test results
- Analyze history data of test results to know which tests failed often, which tests spent more time, and more.
- Native support for mainstream unit tools including JUnit, TestNG, NUnit, MBUnit, MSTest, Boottest, together with a XUnit format to support any other unit test frameworks with minimum effort.
In-depth Code Quality Reporting and Trending
- Native support for mainstream code inspection and coverage tools, including checkstyle, findbugs, emma, pmd, and cobertura.
- Code quality at a glance in build overview page.
- Analyze the inspection, coverage results to find code problems quickly and easily.
- Display source code in QuickBuild with detected problems marked.
- Generate statistics chart for inspection/coverage results.
- Analyze history data of inspection/coverage results to know which files/classes causing most of the problems.
Powerful Build Setup and Workflow Design
- Organize projects hierarchically for easy management and navigation.
- Reuse build workflows between projects through inheritance and achieve workflow diversity by using variables.
- Design complex build workflow visually, with drag and drop support.
- Repeat execution of steps, either sequentially or parallelly.
- Flexible version strategy for QA and release builds.
- Transitive build dependency support and artifacts resolving.
- Parameterized manual build with customizable option screen.
Customizable User Dashboards
- Select layout and add gadgets to organize build information.
- Edit and copy existing dashboard.
- Share dashboards to groups or specified users.
- Public dashboard for anonymous users.
Metrics Aggregation from Bottom to Top
- Aggregate build metrics from child projects/modules to get an instant overview.
- Generate aggregation statistics to display metric aggregation trends overtime.
Flexible Build Notification and System Alert
- Subscribe to interesting configurations to get build notifications.
- Forcibly send build notifications to group of users.
- Customizable build notify conditions and message templates.
- Generate system alerts under specified contions and notify relevant users.
- Support to notify through: RSS, Email, MSN Messenger, Google Talk, Jabber, and the cross-platform tray monitor.
Security and Fine Grained Access Control
- SSL support and IP address binding.
- Role based security and per-project access control.
- Optional anonymous access and user self-registering.
- LDAP and Active Directory integration.
- Audit of user activities.
Support Different Kinds of Build Tools
- Apache Ant
- Apache Maven
- Visual Studio solution and project builder
- NAnt (used to build .NET projects)
- Rake (used to build Ruby projects)
- Any other command line based build tools.
Extensible via Plugins and RESTful API
- QuickBuild can be extended to support new SCM systems, issue trackers, steps, reports, statistics, notifiers and authentication systems with custom plugins.
- External system can operate QuickBuild programmatically via the RESTful API.
Server Installation Guide QuickBuild 6.1.x
Supported operating systems
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Windows server 2003/2008, 32 bit and 64 bit, x86 and IA architecture
- Linux, 32 bit and 64 bit, x86, PowerPC and S/390 architecture
- Mac OS X, 32 bit and 64 bit
- Solaris, 32 bit and 64 bit, Sparc and x86 architecture
- AIX, 32 bit and 64 bit, PowerPC architecture
- HP-UX, 32 bit and 64 bit, IA and PARISC architecture
- FreeBSD, 32 bit and 64 bit, x86 architecture
- 512M minimum, 1G recommended
Permission set definition
Often you might find yourself in a situation where the same set of permissions need to be assigned to different groups and configurations again and again. The permission set feature comes to rescue: it lets you select a set of permissions and give it a name, then you can assign that permission set as a whole to configurations just as other individual permissions. After the permission set has been defined, you can then assign it to corresponding configurations when define authorizations of the group.
GitPlex 新產品推出 一款具有Code review功能的管理伺服器工具
Git repository management server understanding your code. Free for small teams.