CD / DVD Diagnostic
With a pretty user friendly interface, CD/DVD Diagnostic provides numerous handy tools, including sector examination at a low level to make sure all the data can be recovered.
Additionally, it sports a Disc Memory and Checkpoint utility, as well as a Graphic Readability Test to display the quality of the disc and help you determine the files that can be recovered.
A quick disc analysis provides information regarding the disc, such as manufacturer and type, volume serial number and content, volume creation date, application identifier, accessible files and root directory time stamp.
Of course, the CD/DVD Diagnostic utility can create a so-called “Table of Contents”, which is nothing more than a simple feature to view the content of the disc. You can save a disc report separately with the TXT extension, as well as to visualize sectors in hexadecimal and character.
CD/DVD Diagnostic supports multiple devices, while also providing a comprehensive help manual to support beginners all the time, so you may want to have a look in there as well to get to know every single feature in a better way.
Finds the files, bypasses problems, gets your data and video back.
Unlike other products that search for pictures, CD/DVD Diagnostic understands how the disc was written and bypasses the problems, recovering all your files no matter what they are. Risk Free.
- Only CD/DVD recovery product available for Video! Supports all forms of DVD media.
- Version 3.0 has a new video reconstruction system which virtually assures complete recovery of all damaged or inaccessible video discs.
- Reads ISO image files directly and supports most operations against such files.
- Supports discs written by:
- Roxio Easy CD Creator, Ahead Nero, DirectCD, InCD, DLA, RecordNow, DiscMaker, Sony Mavica Cameras.
- DVD movies recorded on stand-alone recorders as well as Sony and Hitachi DVD camcorders.
- Supports all PC and Macintosh CD and DVD discs.
- ISO-9660, Joliet PC discs
- Rock Ridge for Linux and other Unix systems
- UDF 1.01, UDF 1.5, UDF 2.0, UDF 2.01, and UDF 2.5
- HFS and HFS+ for Macintosh.
- CD Audio discs (Red book), Enhanced CD discs (CD Extra)
- DVD-Video, DVD-ROM.
More Features ...
- Recovers Video from DVD Video Recorder Discs
- Standalone video recorders will often not finalize a disc. CD/DVD Diagnostic will re-author a playable disc from the video found on the disc.
- Recovers Video from DVD Camcorder discs
- Sony and Hitachi (and other) camcorders will sometimes not finalize a disc properly so it can be played. CD/DVD Diagnostic will re-author a playable disc from the video recovered from these discs.
- Graphic Readability Test display showing quality of the disc.
- This test is performed with special provisions to catch "soft" (recoverable) errors that other testing tools ignore. While an error may be recoverable on your CD or DVD drive, it may not be recoverable on other devices and then becomes a "hard" error. This is the difference between a disc that works and one that does not.
- Sector examination at a low level.
- Displays sectors in hexadecimal and character. This is similar to Norton Disk Doctor, providing the same capabilties for CD and DVD media.
- Disc Memory and Checkpoint.
- This feature eliminates lengthy re-discovery of the disc’s contents.
- Allows for interruption of a disc examination and then resumption at a later time. This is useful as some disc examinations can be lengthy, often taking more than 12 hours.
- Intensive UDF File Examination.
- Locates files that have been dropped from the directory structure. This is a common occurrence for UDF format discs using current writing software.
- Examination is done automatically when errors are detected in the directory structure that may have caused files to be lost.
- Can also be manually requested when needed to recover files that have been deleted.
- Expanded Retry Capabilities.
- Allows the user to balance examination speed with thoroughness.
- Permits users to select the level of automatic retries performed whenever a data error is encountered. This can make otherwise unreadable data sectors readable again.
- CD Text, ISRC and RID Audio Disc Display.
- Displays CD Text, ISRC and RID information from audio discs (when present).
- CD Text: Contains album, track and artist names on Sony and home-produced music CDs.
- ISRC: The acronym for International Standard Recording Code. It is a code used to identify the recording studio and publisher of a music track.
- RID: The acronym for Recorder Identification. It is written to music CDs recorded on standalone CD recorders used with audio systems.
Fully compatible with 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows XP SP2 & SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10.
There are now two versions of CD/DVD Diagnostic: with and without video recovery. If you have a DVD camcorder or stand-alone video recorder you need the Video Recovery feature. If you are just recovering data from CDs or DVDs you can purchase the new, lower-cost version without the Video Recovery feature.
|Features and Benefits||CD/DVD Diagnostic
without Video Recovery
with Video Recovery
|Developed and supported in the U.S. Only InfinaDyne recovery products can make this important claim.||V||V||V|
|800#. We stand behind our products with more than an email from an unnamed country.||V||V||V|
|Recovers data from unreadable, scratched, corrupt or defective CD-R, CD-RW and DVD||V||V||V|
|Detects deleted or corrupted files from hardware, software, media or user errors||V||V||V|
|Recovers data created by all disc writing software||V||V||V|
|Recovers DVD video discs (from camcorders and stand-alone video recorders)||V||V||V|
|Locates files dropped from the directory||V||V||V|
|Copies Sectors for low level recovery||V||V||V|
|Recovers data created by all disc writing software||V||V||V|
|Works with all common PC and Mac disc formats||V||V||V|
|Compatible with Windows XP SP2 through Windows 8||V||V||V|
|Recovers data from unreadable, scratched, corrupt or defective all types of DVD discs.||V||V||V|
|Previews lost files before retrieval||V||V||V|
|Analyzes the quality and “readability” of a disc||V||V||V|
|Reads and displays ISO image files||V||V||V|
|Reads and displays InfinaDyne image files||V||V||V|
|Creates ISO and InfinaDyne image files||V||V||V|
|Extracts Audio from discs||V||V||V|
|Resumes recovery after interruption||V||V||V|
|Provides exam speed / thoroughness balancing||V||V||V|
|Displays CD Text, ISRC and RID when present||V||V||V|
|Produces basic disc reports on findings||V||V||V|
|Extensive reporting capabilities||V||V||V|
|Includes a disc space usage map||V||V||V|
|Complete imaging of any type of disc||V|
|Generates MD5 hash values for comparison purposes||V|
|Recovers from discs with multiple file systems||V|
|Import / export Hashkeeper data files||V|
|Low-level sector exam and scanning||V|
|Searches using scan specification syntax||V|
|Examines the disc file contents from the main window||V|
|Searches without respecting file boundaries||V|
|Enhanced control over data recovery process||V|
|Licensing options available for forensic users||V|
|Extensive reporting on all findings||V|
Flash Retriever recovers pictures, movies and other files from flash media.
Accurately burns data to CD and DVD (all types).
Professional software for intensive analysis and extraction of data from CD and DVD media. Tailored for professionals in data recovery, forensics, and law enforcement. Building on the technology in CD/DVD Diagnostic, it adds detailed displays and an enhanced media search abilities, improving performance and usability.
Video Indexer (Vindex™)
Vindex is short for "Video Indexer" and that is what it does. It plays videos at the highest possible frame rate (up to 64 times the normal playing speed) and captures significant changes in the frame considering these to be "scene changes". The result is a display on the screen of a relatively small number of frame thumbnails showing you the significant action in the video - without having to sit through the entire thing yourself. It is quite a bit different than simply playing the video at high speed because that involves simply skipping frames and presenting the frames that are played at about 1/30th of a second each. Easy to miss something that way. Vindex doesn't miss things like that at all.
AccuBurn-R for CD/DVD Inspector
AccuBurn-R has been functionally enhanced to assist forensic professionals with CD and DVD evidence. Now, AccuBurn-R for CD/DVD Inspector will produce exact copies of discs that have been imaged using CD/DVD Inspector. All types and formats of discs are supported, including VCD, Karaoke, DVD Video (unprotected) and user-written drag-and-drop discs.
Note that this is not the same product as the consumer version of AccuBurn-R. The consumer version of AccuBurn-R does not have the ability to write discs from CD/DVD Inspector image files.